Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's time to get back to some sewing!  I have puttered the last few days up in the sewing room but didn't get much done.   Mom was not a quilter, but she did sew clothes and curtains.  I  brought home  2 boxes of "stuff".  There is lots of bias tape, hem tape and even some double-knit!  (Double knit does make easy to care for tablecloths as they wash up nice, and no iron!)  I did find about 6 aprons she had cut out in the "wonderful country prints from the 1980s" and then she was going to put premade bias tape around the edges.  ugh!  I will finish the one she almost has basted, but the others will be cut into scraps via Bonnie Hunter's method.  :-)

 I am going to start back with A Lovely Year of Finishes this month.  In April, I was doing a challenge quilt for my guild which was due on April 11th  and I got it done.  Then I had to get the taxes done and on Monday the 15th, I went to take care of Mom and Dad, I never even started on the project I chose for April.  So o o o o.  I am going to make that my quilt to finish this month!  (See post of April 7th for move quilt details)


May we all joyfully finish our June projects!

Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment